Flock coating - multicolor textured paint for interior and exterior works: durable, not afraid of the light, shock, fungal infections and is durable to abrasion. Flock coating consists of multi-colored particles (flock), glued to the water-based paint, and coated with clear lacquer. Flock coating easy to clean with detergents. Flock coatings are odorless and easy to apply. Floki used in all areas: schools, hospitals, banks, offices, hotels, kitchens, bedrooms, dining rooms, etc.
Flock coating is composed of small colored particles (pieces of acrylic paint) is actually shaped like potato chips. Flock coating consists of three components:
- Acrylic base, water-based slow-drying;
- Traditional flock, and applied to uniformly wet basis;
- Acrylic matte or satin varnish protect the surface damage and give final form.
Flock can be used anywhere: in the walls, ceiling, window sills, doors, columns and cornices.
“Chips” can be in different shapes and sizes. Usually it is pieces of round shape, but there are shapeless, as if broken off pieces. As for color, the choice is very wide.
Flock infinitely diverse – it mimics suede, chinchillas, leather, suede, but it is cheaper than the listed materials, keeps all the great characteristics – softness and durability, brightness, and play of colors. Flock coating allows for a wide variety of patterns and colors. Coverage of the flock does not fade, durable, easy to use, easy to clean. Cleaning can be done most common detergents (including chemical) the color of the fibers remains unchanged. Abrasion coating is negligible: after 1000 cycles of friction – only 23 mg (for comparison, felt 732 mg). Flocked surface improves the adhesion to other objects. We add to these advantages is that it prevents condensation, is safe for health. This material is a poorly-combustible. It is a good heat insulator: the two-millimeter flock is able to replace polystyrene 10 mm thick.
Due to the consistency of thick foundation, flock can be applied to any type of surface. In addition, it does not require a perfect surface preparation, hides minor imperfections and cracks. Flock is easily updated and is considered an environmentally friendly coating.
Stages of Application:
1. Preparation of the wall. This requires a good filler and primer to the surface did not absorb (does not absorb moisture). The wall must be clean, dry, uniform and porous. Surface preparation shall comply with current regulations: the dark surface before applying a light base layer should be isolated. The old surface is desirable to remove dust and grease.
2. The application of the adhesive layer. Suitable for working with wool pile roller medium length – to lay the glue evenly. First, the base, a layer (the base), dries quickly, especially at room temperature. Experts recommend that the room temperature was slightly below room temperature.
3. Application of “flock.” Once the adhesive layer caused, not wasting a second, sprayed acrylic particles. Spray “chips” to a special compressor or flock gun. You can also hire a company where you purchased the kit.
Light “chips” to be applied in exactly dyed white surface without spots, and dark – on the surface evenly dyed any color without spots. Better start drawing particles from the top down, slow, circular motions, gradually moving upwards. It is more convenient to do the job alone: a master does the adhesive base, the other sprays “chips.”
Once the base coat dry out and flock, must walk on the surface of the brush to remove excess flock. For coatings with metallic flock is good not brush but rubber roller.
4. Polish. We must wait until the foundation and pieces dry (not less than 12 hours). You can then apply varnish: a single layer evenly. Varnish in the usual roller.